G1-3 Fun Agility Show | Sunday 3rd February
3rd February 2019 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm£15.00
Time: Arrival from 8:30am onwards (unless prior arrangement made in advance to help set up)
Judging: 9:00am onwards
Running Orders: Running orders will be displayed on the day
Closing date for entries: 1st February 2019
Time: 4 hours
This is a great opportunity to put all those skills you’ve been working on with your dog into practice. You will get the opportunity to run 3 full courses with your dog – we will have an agility round, a jumping round and a speedstakes round (jumps & tunnels).
We will give you plenty of time to walk the courses once they have been set, and our encouraging and knowledgeable team of instructors will be on hand if you need any help or advice.
Prizes will be awarded for clear rounds.
Agility, Jumping & Speedstakes prizes: 1st – rosette & dog treats; 2nd, 3rd etc – rosette or rosette & dog treats depending on the number of entries.
Awards given for top 3 in each round plus an overall champion over the 3 courses combined.
Nearest Local Vet: Watkins and Tasker, 57 High Street, Yatton, Bristol BS49 4EQ. Tel: 01934 833685
Agility Equipment: Aluminium and rubber, A-Frame Dog-walk and Seesaw
Checking In: When walking your course please tick off on the calling sheet that you are present and want to run so that judges aren’t waiting for dogs that aren’t coming. They will not wait for dogs or put a call out for handlers when the sheet is not ticked.
Marking in all classes
Standard KC marking will apply
NFC (Not for competition) runs
- Are allowed in ALL classes
- MAX time on course is 60 seconds
- Silent toys and food rewards allowed (food must be kept off the floor)
- Tug-E-Nuff Clams/ Busy Buddy Lotus Balls & Paws Pocket food toys may be used
A handler may choose to jump their dog at a lower height than the dog is eligible for at a KC show, but the results for each height category will be combined as explained below.
Combined results KC Small Height dogs:
- Micro 250mm (9.75in)
- Small 350mm (1ft 1.75in) – Normal Small height at KC
Combined results KC Medium Height dogs:
- Small 350mm (1ft 1.75in)
- Medium 450mm (1ft 5.7in) – Normal Medium height at KC
Combined results for KC Large Height dogs:
- Standard 550mm (1ft 7.68in)
- Large 650mm (2ft 1.6in)
Summary of Rules
- There is livestock and horses in nearby fields please keep dogs on lead and under control at ALL times.
- There must be no harsh handling or verbal abuse at any time whether in or out of the competition ring.
- Dogs must be over 16 months of age or over to compete in all agility, jumping & steeplechase classes
- Dogs may wear a collar with or without a single identity disc or may run without a collar
- Dogs must not run wearing a harness or head-collar
- Dogs in cars on hot days: If your dog is found to be at risk, forcible entry to your vehicle may be necessary without liability for any damage caused
- The show organisers reserve the right to refuse entries
- In the event of cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances, fees will be refunded less expenses, on receipt of a stamped addressed envelope submitted within 1 month of the show date