Instructor: Gemma Fisher or Nicola Pilling
1-2-1 Private Training Times:
- Tuesday mornings between 9.30am – 1.00pm at St John’s Church Hall in Clevedon
- Throughout weekdays in Congresbury or Kingston Seymour
- Email us to confirm an appointment before making payment please 🙂
Booking: Email email@example.com to book your slot
Private lessons are a great option for owners that would like more time and focus on particular struggles that are personal to them than the group lesson can offer. First time puppy owners often use this service in conjunction with group lessons as they quite often have lot of questions they need answering – or those who haven’t had a puppy in a really long time and have forgotten how it all works! In addition Gemma insists on seeing older rescue dogs on a 1-2-1 basis before they join a class, to ensure that they are placed in the most appropriate group and that they have the social skills to not only cope, but ENJOY their training time too.
The initial assessment will need a 1-hour session, and usually 1/2 hour sessions after that.
Who Can Benefit?
1-2-1 lessons are useful for lots of different reasons:
- New rescue dog
- New puppy
- Struggling with a particular training issue
- Dog is too excited to concentrate in a class environment
- Dog is worried by a class environment
What Do The Sessions Cover?
The topics covered in the sessions are led by you, but here are some examples:
- Puppy questions – biting, over-excitement, socialisation issues
- Jumping up at people
- Pulling on the lead
- Fear/ Over excitement around other dogs
- Nervous behaviour
Where Are The Lessons Held?
Gemma uses 2 of our venues for 1-2-1 training:
- St John’s Church Hall, Hillside Road, Clevedon BS21 7XJ
- Pool Farm, Ham Lane, Kingston Seymour BS21 6XJ